Social Media has changed our way of life. With the various things that it brought into our lives, it has brought in social media Influencers in the foray. Influencer Marketing is the up-and-coming field in the world of marketing. Let us get an idea of what it really is about.
What Is an Influencer?
Influencers are people who have a social media presence, be it on their Instagram page, their blog, or any other social media platform. An influencer has experience in a particular field such as fashion, food, travel, lifestyle, gadgets, and people look up to them for recommendations. This is how influencer marketing takes place. The system of Influencer Marketing works on the concept of word of mouth. When a regular person is on social media and among many posts, they come across a post by their favorite Instagram influencer recommending a product, chances are they will be influenced by it and decide to try it. Instagram is one of the leading social media platforms which one can choose for an influencer campaign.
Read Other Articles
How Worthy Are Instagram Pods For Your Social Media Business Strategy?
INSTAGRAM FOR KIDS – How Much Safe It Is?
Hashtags: Why You Must Use Them? & How?
Instagram influencer marketing is being adopted by both small and big businesses. In the month of November 2013, Levi’s reached out to 7.4 million people with the help of four simple posts on Instagram. There are many such examples of brands reaching millions in the world with the help of Influencer marketing which in turn is improving their sales. It is quite clear that with each passing day, the power of social media is increasing, especially in the sector of commerce and trade.
Steps to Design & Run Influencer Campaign
If you are a brand looking for important knowledge about influencer marketing strategy, you have landed up in the correct place. Here are the steps that you need to follow to design and run an influencer campaign to reach more people and expand your business
- Look for a set of social media influencers who work on the niche to which your product belongs. For example – If you want to sell a homemade skincare product, you need to look for a beauty or fashion influencer.
- Find out the average payment and pitch the idea to the person or account concerned. Before this, you will need to research and find out the amount payable.
- The third step would be to communicate effectively with the influencer and draw a plan for effective marketing. Thereafter a deed can be drawn.
- Once a business deed is signed between the influencer and the company, provide them with the content that is to be marketed.
- Finally, analyze the strategy after the campaign and work on the improvements necessary.
Social media is the new major medium for brands to improvise on their marketing strategies and reach more people. With the help of influencer campaigns, a network of like-minded consumers is created which forms a solid base for the online marketing projects of the brands.